2012 ©
Journal Publication
Research Title Performance Evaluation Using DEA-Multipliers Model: A Case Study of Small and Medium-size Enterprises in Thailand  
Date of Distribution 14 October 2017 
     Title of the Conference 2017 International Conference on “Physics and Mechanics of New Materials and their Applications” (PHENMA 2017) 
     Organiser PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur India; Southern Federal University, Russia; and National Kaohsiung Marine University, Taiwan, ROC. 
     Conference Place PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing 
     Province/State Jabalpur India 
     Conference Date 14 October 2017 
     To 16 October 2017 
Proceeding Paper
     Volume PHENMA 2017 
     Issue October 2017 
     Page 56 
     Editors/edition/publisher PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, India 
     Abstract All companies are interesting in evaluating their activities. Via performance evaluation, one can (i) reveal the advantages and shortcomings of business operations, activities, and work; (ii) better prepare the business in accordance with customer needs and requirements; and (iii) find possibilities to improve actual activities and processes in order to create new goods, services and processes. Small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) take an important place in economic and social development of countries, especially in Asia and specifically in Thailand. Among several underlying reasons, we call the following: (i) during 1942 – 2009, 99% of all companies in Thailand were SMEs and they ensure 73% of common employment; (ii) during 2000 – 2009, SMEs contributed to the country exports on average by 33% and all gross domestic products (GDP) at existing costs on average by 38.8%. During 1994 – 2009, nearly a third of all SMEs operated in the fabrication sector. They absorbed labor force by 27.1% of the private sector of workers on average and its contribution to all GDP was 28.7%.The aim of this paper is to evaluate the performance of SMEs in Thailand, because they can expand, develop, contribute and compete effectively, and maximize their role in regional integration of ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). We used in this study the method of performance evaluation of Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) based on Multipliers Model. The obtained results stated that 72% of Thailand SMEs are in the category of efficient and the remaining 28% are inefficient. 
577040044-7 Mrs. ERNI PUSPANANTASARI PUTRI [Main Author]
Engineering Doctoral Degree

Peer Review Status มีผู้ประเมินอิสระ 
Level of Conference นานาชาติ 
Type of Proceeding Abstract 
Type of Presentation Oral 
Part of thesis true 
Presentation awarding false 
Attach file
Citation 0